The benefits of bath salt are many, and go beyond mere exfoliating dead cells to make skin soft and supple.
A nice long soak in a tub sprinkled with bath salt releases muscle tension and improves common irritations such as insect bites, minor rashes, calluses on feet, while working on serious skin conditions like athlete’s foot, eczema, and psoriasis.
It is perhaps the most luxurious and feminine beauty product ever known to women as it has both beautifying and therapeutic properties. And soaking up in a tub infused with bath salt is not the only way to reap its benefits.
Just as we cannot do without a sunscreen lotion in summer, a jar of bath salt can be as indispensable if you’ve caught a bad tan or suffer pigmentation of skin.
How to pick your bath salt
- Always ensure the bath salt is crystalline not lumpy, and contain all natural ingredients and nutrients.
- In summer, our body tends to become toxic, more acidic and dehydrated, and consistent use of bath salt can boost immunity and cleanse toxins from the body.
There are a variety of bath salts in different aromas and properties. But Lavender is our favourite.
The Benefits of Lavender
Lavender has plenty of healing and cleansing properties, making it the perfect addition to a jar of bath salts. Some benefits of using lavender, whether dried or in essential oil form, include –
- Helps with insomnia – there’s a reason a nice soak in the bath will make you sleepy. Epsom salt has magnesium, which can help your body produce melatonin naturally. Combine that with the relaxing effect of soaking in hot water, and you’ll sleep more soundly.
- Reduces pain and inflammation – for those who have inflammatory conditions such as fibromyalgia, the magnesium in Epsom salt can improve symptoms and reduce pain.
- Help with sore muscles – athletes are often advised to soak in a tub of Epsom salt after tough workouts. There’s no reason the same benefits can’t be applied to those of us with lesser athletic endeavors!
Indrani Cosmetics Lavender Bath salt is the product that we can swear by!
Try it and we are sure you won’t regret it.
Just add it in the water while having a nice bath and see the magic for yourself.