While the human face is a thing of beauty, maintaining taut, smooth skin often becomes a source of stress as we age. If you’ve ever searched for a natural solution to sagging skin, you may be familiar with facial exercises.
Your face contains over 50 different muscles and unlike most of the rest of the body, a lot of these facial muscles are rarely used.
By carrying out regular facial exercises, you promote the circulation of blood to the different areas of the face, thus replenishing the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin. This will result in a bright complexion and beautiful healthy glow.
Performing face thinning and toning exercises frequently will keep your face looking fit in the long term. Furthermore, regular facial muscles exercises improve the blood flow and, thus, supply your skin cells with nutrients leading to a stimulation of skin cell regeneration and prevention of wrinkles.
Benefits of Facial Exercises
• Strengthens the muscles in your face.
• Reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
• Increases blood circulation.
• Releases any tension in the face and neck.
• Firms and tightens the facial skin.
TIPS FOR DOING FACIAL EXERCISES THE RIGHT WAY
- Performing facial exercises lying down is the most effective.
- Ensure your hands are clean before touching your face.
- Try to do your facial fitness routine at the same time every day so you don’t forget.
- Never pull or tug on the skin aggressively – this may accentuate wrinkles.
- Combine facial exercises with cardiovascular exercise to give your complexion the best possible boost.
Fun fact – Chewing gums actually helps to fight signs of ageing.
When done in moderation, chewing gums tend to provide a steady and consistent movement of facial muscles.
This helps to keep the facial muscles toned and makes the surrounding skin much firmer. It also helps in the smoothening out skin.